AoC-mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

portalportal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interview with ToI2n_Path

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Constantine
Site_admin
Site_admin
Constantine

Number of posts : 403
Igz account: : CoNSta
Igz rating: : 1891
favourite map: : DM - Green Arabia
Nation : Interview with ToI2n_Path Greece
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Interview with ToI2n_Path Empty
PostSubject: Interview with ToI2n_Path   Interview with ToI2n_Path EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:19 am

Interview with ToI2n_Path Marcus10

Marcus Brougham

* First can you introduce yourself ?
# My name is Marcus Brougham and i m 23 year old ,living in Vancouver,British Columbia,Canada

* How long have you been playing AoC?

# since 1999 i guess when it first came out
or was that aok?

* what was your first account ?? and what was the account you got the highest rate on?
# My first name on zone, was Maracianians, I was total noob, thinking 50 pop was amazing, my highest account was ToI2n_Path on Zone days which was 2200+ for a couple months.
Then i got owned in WCL by bender, and left aoc for awhile, for grad year when iwas 18

* did you increase your skill level alone or did someone help you?
# Well i was learning well on my own and made my way into a clan called VR where i made the name VR_Templar, and then i met a few players beyond my skill level that taught me alot, fortunately they really liked me as a person and i started a clan called KYA, which a few of them joined, it later died and then I created OwNz clan which really propelled me to 1900+ , guys like LeGeNd_OwNz, DeStInY_OwNz
taught me alot
that was my first known name PaLaDiN_OwNz

* why you choose path as nickname?
# Well my first known name was PaLaDin but many had that, so i pretty much smurfed for awhile learning alot, then i joined ToI2n clan so i could learn from CJ aka HoNoR_ThA_BuM who was awesome back then, and i made the name Path just because my life at that point was really a torn life, and i was looking for a good path to make myself better, the name just fit well

* tell me something about torn clan ,the most historical clan left on dm and you are the leader
# Well ToI2n was really special to me for a few reasons, the first time i joined was purely to alliance myself with cj who at that time was a top defensive who had killer saracens and i admired that alot, secondly i wanted a fresh start with a new clan, so i joined up and was in torn for quite some time, after awhile I ended up going to my senior year in high school and had to retire from aoc dm for
a long time, when i finally finished i came back to aoc and rejoined torn
at that point aoc dm was in turmoil and m0d was creating 1.0e with torm, and that really cemented torns legacy
since then I really cant say any other clan has benefited aoc like toI2n community wise
i mean there has been zoltron quendi exalted etc. but toi2n for me, really was my home because of its dedication for aoc, and that really pushed me to do all that i could for aoc dm, hence why i hosted tournaments etc..

* tell me about your achievements in aoc
# Ok well, I won my first tournament in 2006 it was the HorDe Seige tournament, I won alot of tops in that tournament it was a celt 1v1 tournament basically, then i become torn path and won many with cj aka torn modd, i came runner up in two rts civ war series tournaments twice to lance ( vikings and goths ) i used the name IambicTrance at that time. Ive won a few 2v2 tournaments lately, including
the last ones left tournament which ihosted , which was a good showing considering how dead aoc dm is

* who is/was your best friend/partener?
# Definately jerrit brouwer, aka Nightmare_4U4 aka scissorz, aka franks4me, me and him went well over 60 + wins in 2008 with less then 8 losses in 2v2 vs alot of top guys
his brother is baastian also known as ToI2n_RunAway
me and him just had a great style together without thinking it was a joy to play with him

*Least Favorit player?
#id have to say I dont like bsk scientist the most, he came to bsk when i was in it, and decieved his way in, when i knew back then he was pter, he had good frank but he pted to 2400 to get in bsk for wcl, I didnt like that about him, he still thinks he was that skill to this day, I dont think he ever deserved to be in bsk at all, so i definately choose him to be my most disliked player
Im not a fan of 1 civ players, aoc is so much more then a single civ

*What is your favorite strategy?
#Id have to say I really have done well with 2 civs, goths i excelled in back in back when i first joined torn , lately say 2007 - to late 2008, i enjoyed a good mongol strategy where i played a very defensive game as a whole, but I played a extremely offensive game with mangudai armies, I believe mongols are aoc's best civ pound for pound throughout each of its different styles of gameplay wether
it be 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3 dm
in general of course, vs huns and stuff, obviously thats different, but in general i love mongols
you can exploit any civ with mongols if you know what to do

* What other games do you play?
# now that ive pretty much left aoc dm, i play call of duty 4 on xbox live, with alot of my aoc dm friends, like moon cobra, xecutive fate, quendi kyana, to name a few, usually im on there

* Do you have any suggestions for players who want to improve their skills?

# Id say best way to improve is to play people always ahead of you skill wise, not to far ahead but enough for you to compete and learn enough within a game, without losing so fast you learn nothing, for me that was when i learnt the most, I had 2-3 guys that where 1900 when i was just about 1800 and i really was able to see that next step in skill, also watching recorded games is a must, in order
to excel you must become a student of aoc, you have to learn every in and out, every civ, every combo for any situation
this makes a great aoc player
thats my advice

* any last words ,somehting you like to add ???

# Well thanks are in order, for people that made me the player i am today, QuEnDi clan definately deserves a mention, every player in it, basically personifies what aoc dm should be, id also like to mention m0d, his contribution to aoc dm, cannot go unnoticed by anyone in aoc wethere your ranked 1 or last on the table, Id also like to say that I think everyone should really appreciate
your opponent alot more now since we have few left, and my last words are "veni vidi vici"

* great interview marcus,thanks a lot
# thank you
Back to top Go down
https://aocmania.forumotion.net

Interview with ToI2n_Path
Page 1 of 1